Click Here Fleece Show Registration Form (Adobe PDF)
1. Doe Kids (up to 1 year of age)
2. Yearling Does (1-2 yr. of age)
3. Adult Does (2-4 years old)
4. Senior Does (over 4 years old)
5. Wether Kids (up to 1 year of age)
6. Yearling Wether (1-2 yr. of age)
7. Adult Wethers (2-4 years old)
8. Senior Wethers (over 4 years old)
9. Buck Kids (up to 1 year of age)
10. Yearling Bucks (1-2 yr. of age)
11. Adult Bucks (2-4 years old)
12. Senior Bucks (over 4 years old)
Show Coordinator: Kari Schroeder, 541/938-6756 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge: Lisa Roskopf. Lisa Roskopf has raised Pygora goats at
Hawks Mountain Ranch for 21 years. She is an experienced carder,
felter, spinner and dyer of Pygora fiber. Lisa has judged county fairs in
Washington and Oregon and for many years she hosted the “Fiber
Frenzy” winter show for Pygoras. She is one of the original organizers
for the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival. Lisa was a member of the
judges’ committee for the Pygora Breeders Association and helped
write the judge’s training booklet that is used to qualify all PBA sanctioned
judges. Active in 4H with fiber animals and fiber arts, Lisa
has served as both a leader and adviser. She has provided showmanship
training and help to young people interested in fiber goats.
Note: PBA fleece show rules govern.
We reserve the right to reject any entry not appropriate for exhibit. Judge may move and/or regroup entries, or create categories as appropriate. We do not assume responsibility for loss or damage of fleec-es during shipment or the show.
- Entry fees are $7 per fleece. Entry forms must be postmarked by Sept. 6, 2014. For entries mailed after Sept. 6, the entry fee is $15 per fleece.
- All fleeces are shown in a banker’s box except for adult and senior buck fleeces. Adult and senior buck fleeces are represented by a 1-oz. sample from the buck’s barrel placed in a ziplock bag with the harvest date written on the ziplock and accompanied by a col-or, side-view photo of the buck in full fleece.
- Fleeces must be brought upstairs in the main pavilion on Friday, Sept 26, from 3-5:00 pm unless prior arrangement are made with Kari Schroeder. Fleeces remain on display until 1 pm on Saturday, Sept. 27. at 1 pm.
- Fleeces may be mailed in for the show. Mailed-in fleeces must include an additional $15 return postage fee per fleece and must be received by Sept. 17. See the entry form for the address for mailing fleeces.
- If you volunteer to work 1 hr. during the fleece show, you will receive one free entry.
- Fleeces are to be picked up Saturday, Sept. 27 at 1 pm unless prior arrangements are made with Kari.
Entry Fees: $7 per fleece for entries postmarked by Sept. 6th. For late entries (after Sept. 6), the fee is $14 per fleece. Mailed-in fleeces mailed in must include an additional $12 return postage fee per fleece and must be received by Sept. 17.
Volunteering: If you volunteer to work 1 hr. during the fleece show on Saturday, you will receive one free entry.
Entry Pick-up: Fleeces are to be picked up Saturday, Sept. 28, be-tween noon and 1 pm unless prior arrangements are made with Terri.
We reserve the right to reject any entry not appropriate for exhibit. Judge may move and/or regroup entries, or create categories as appropriate.
Disclaimer: We do not assume responsibility for loss or damage of fleeces during shipment or the show.